Wu La La Weddings & Events is a boutique event planning company based in Markham. Our goal is to make your celebration fun and memorable while tailoring your event to your style and personal taste!
Here’s a little bit about our founder:
Photo Credit: Lucy Chang Photography
Hi! I’m Lisa. I often get asked how I got into wedding planning and truthfully, it all started when I began planning for my own wedding. I had fallen in love with weddings. Not just the beauty of weddings but the entire planning journey it takes to create this fabulous day. However, I think I’ve always loved planning pretty events even when I was a child – just ask my parents! I used to (and still do) love setting our dinner table, especially when we had big family gatherings. So I guess it was inevitable that I’d become a wedding planner one day!
I love collaborating with my couples and building lifelong relationships with them. I will learn about what makes you unique as a couple and use that to create a celebration that is truly one of a kind, beautiful, fun, and memorable!
I founded Wu La La simply because I just love all the pretty, fun, and creative things that make you want to go “ooh la la”. I will walk with you every step of the way making the planning process more organized and stress free for you. So let me help you look after the details and execute a flawless celebration while you just eat, drink, and play!
Some fun facts about me, when I’m not planning an event:
- Binge watching TV shows and Korean dramas
- Shopping at Homesense! (You’ll find me at a Homesense/Winners store at least one day of the week! I just love this store!)
- Shopping for unique wedding pieces to add to my inventory (I love antique stores too!)
- Spending time with my husband or when he’s too busy, visiting my best friend and her daughter for a play date
- Food (I love a good healthy recipe, especially if it can accommodate my extensive list of food allergies)
- Graduated from Ryerson University with a B.Comm and minor in Marketing.
- Studied Fashion Marketing for 2 years at Ryerson University under the Continuing Education program.
- Worked full time for 10 years as the Vice President for my parent’s company, a clothing manufacturer (but left to pursue my own path)
I can’t wait to hear from you! If you’d like to inquiry about our services or even just to say Hi, send me a note!